We have extensive experience in practicing litigation proceedings and alternative dispute resolution, our 28 years experiences in litigation proceedings has led us to be one of the oldest and famous law firms in Indonesia which handle wide litigation cases.
We believe that court settlement may occur instability to our client’s business operational, therefore we committed to maintain our client’s business operational complies with the prevailing laws and regulation as preventive action. In representing our clients in front of the court, we will perform first class services for litigation proceedings to protect our client’s ability to operate their business while we are taking care of their dispute settlement.
As learned from the experience, we also understand that our client will need a comprehensive and sustainable information on their own litigation proceeding, in accordance with that, we perform a system that allows our client to get the related information biweekly which sent directly from our lawyers and also our client will easily reach our lawyers to satisfied their concern.
Awards & Accolades
“…has expertise in litigation and arbitration and is particularly active in real estate, construction and employment relations matters. The firm ‘thinks outside the box’ and provides ‘practical solutions’. Recently it assisted Minerina Bhakti with submitting a bankruptcy petition to its debtors and advised an agribusiness company on a bankruptcy petition filed by one of its creditors. Suhardi Somomoeljono and Dianyndra Kusuma Hardy are key figures.”
– Legal 500, Asia Pacific (2018)
“…performs well in commercial, real estate and restructuring and insolvency disputes. Team leaders Suhardi Somomoeljono and Dianyndra Hardy are representing a metal and mining distributor before the Jakarta Commercial Court in a case about a non-performing loan.”
– Asialaw (2018)
“Commonly engaged in dispute resolution work in the mining, real estate, employment and insolvency spaces…….”
– Benchmark Litigation (2018)
“The team at Suhardi Somomoeljono & Associates (SSA Advocates) acts on commercial, corporate, real estate, construction and industrial relations disputes. Key members of the team include managing partner Suhardi Somomoeljono and Dianyndra Kusuma Hardy, who acts are experienced in commercial and corporate disputes.”
– Legal500, Asia Pacific (2019)
“Suhardi Somomoeljono & Associates is one of the oldest Indonesian law firms and specialises in restructuring and insolvency and project development in the real estate and mining sectors. In project development, the firm assists real estate and mining companies with development and operations. On the restructuring and insolvency side, the firm assists clients with matters such as debt to equity swaps, debt to asset swaps, debt to quasi-equity swaps and other forms of debt restructuring for bankruptcy and insolvency procedures.”
– IFLR 1000 (2019)
“Suhardi Somomoeljono & Associates has a specific focus on dispute resolution with expertise in commercial and insolvency disputes across construction and real estate sectors. Key individuals for commercial and construction disputes include Suhardi Somomoeljono and Dianyndra Hardy. The vast majority of its clients are large corporations and its insolvency caseload is on the rise. The firm acted for a construction company on shareholder and subcontractor disputes. In the insolvency area, the firm represented an individual before the district court of South Jakarta to enforce a non-performing loan against a foreign defendant.”
– Benchmark Litigation (2019)
“SSA Advocates’ solid footing in the Indonesian legal market can be attributed to its dispute resolution and restructuring and insolvency work. Suhardi Somomoeljono is a key contact.”
– Asialaw (2020)
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Represented an Indonesian state-owned enterprise in the field of construction towards a real estate company on construction and real estate management dispute at Indonesian supreme court, with the case value of Rp19.836.793.186,-.
- Advising an Indonesian construction company to settle its disputes towards project owner and its sub-contractor on upgrading production facility and dismantling production facility project, with the case value of Rp320.300.000.000,-.
- Advising an Indonesian construction company towards multi-national oil and gas company due to late delivery performed on oil and gas project with the case value of Rp20.458.050.000,- the firm assist the client to amicably settle the construction issue in order to complete the construction and decrease potential loss.
- Advising a joint-venture company between a state-owned enterprise and multi-national company in order to amicably settle a sale and purchase agreement on nickel ore.
- Represented a trading company to claim the missing worker’s pension fund due to unlawful transfer, allegedly conducted by an Indonesian bank towards civil claim at South Jakarta District Court.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Represented an Indonesian construction company to amicably settle industrial design dispute against a multi-national company on LPG Gas Carrier (Twin Tank) products.
- Advising an Indonesian oil and gas company to amicably settle a production issue due to product failure on gas engine generator and diesel engine generator.
- Represented an Indonesian prominent outsourcing company towards its employees on termination and compensation dispute at Industrial Relation Court.
- Represented an Indonesian construction company on employment dispute between the company and its employees on termination and compensation dispute at biparty negotiation and mediation.
- Represented Investors on an investment dispute of a real estate project constructed and managed by an Indonesian real estate company.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation Services
Breach of contract, tort, intellectual property dispute, domestic and international investment dispute, business to government dispute, licenses dispute, enforcement of foreign arbitral award.
Shareholder liability, International shareholder disputes, malpractice, management disputes, resolutions disputes, directors negligence, claim against director under Article 97 Paragraph (6) Indonesian Company Law.
Arbitration on Indonesian National Arbitration Board and other domestic or international arbitration board, mediation, conciliation, negotiation and all other forms of alternative dispute resolution under prevailing laws and regulation in Indonesia.
Including but not limited on transfer of land, land acquisition, land clearance, security of land, revocation of land title, condominium, hotel, apartment and mix-use building and any other real estate related dispute.
Ambiguous construction contract, ambiguous and interpretation on drawings and specification, defective work, contractor’s delay, employer’s counterclaim and any other construction related dispute.
Dispute on allowance, social security, employment agreement, employee termination and any other employment related disputes. We represent clients for negotiation, mediation, conciliation or industrial relation court.