Suhardi SomomoeljonoManaging Partner
- Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Public Law
He is one of the most senior lawyers in Indonesia. He found the firm in 1987 in the dispute resolution practice area. He has extensive experience in dispute resolution and public law legal service. He handled various notable legal issues in Indonesia including but not limited to corruption, human rights, refugee, constitutional rights, and election disputes. He also appointed as an expert by the National Board of Terrorism Prevention to perform de-radicalization activities delegated from the central government.
Aside from his activity in the firm, he also lectures in various leading universities in Indonesia and several times appointed as an expert witness for police examinations and court proceedings. The expert witness appointment by government agencies, police departments, and private clients shows that he has extraordinary legal knowledge with practical-based and applicable solutions for any legal issue in Indonesia. He is a recommended lawyer for dispute resolution in Indonesia.
Suhardi Somomoeljono also actively involved in Indonesian Bar Association and non-government organization such as legal aid organization and independent legal research organization. Until now, he works as one of the expert team for National Terrorism Prevention Board and also became the member of Indonesian International Chambers of Commerce.
“…. Works well in the field of Dispute Resolution for bankruptcy and insolvency, Suhardi Somomoeljono is the key figures“
–Legal 500, Asia Pacific, 2017
“…has expertise in litigation and arbitration and is particularly active in real estate, construction and employment relations matters. The firm ‘thinks outside the box’ and provides ‘practical solutions’. Recently it assisted Minerina Bhakti with submitting a bankruptcy petition to its debtors and advised an agribusiness company on a bankruptcy petition filed by one of its creditors. Suhardi Somomoeljono and Dianyndra Kusuma Hardy are key figures.”
–Legal 500, Asia Pacific, 2018
“…performs well in commercial, real estate and restructuring and insolvency disputes. Team leaders Suhardi Somomoeljono and Dianyndra Hardy are representing a metal and mining distributor before the Jakarta Commercial Court in a case about a non-performing loan.”
“The team at Suhardi Somomoeljono & Associates (SSA Advocates) acts on commercial, corporate, real estate, construction and industrial relations disputes. Key members of the team include managing partner Suhardi Somomoeljono and Dianyndra Kusuma Hardy, who acts are experienced in commercial and corporate disputes.”
–Legal 500, Asia Pacific, 2019
“Suhardi Somomoeljono & Associates has a specific focus on dispute resolution with expertise in commercial and insolvency disputes across construction and real estate sectors. Key individuals for commercial and construction disputes include Suhardi Somomoeljono and Dianyndra Hardy. The vast majority of its clients are large corporations and its insolvency caseload is on the rise. The firm acted for a construction company on shareholder and subcontractor disputes. In the insolvency area, the firm represented an individual before the district court of South Jakarta to enforce a non-performing loan against a foreign defendant.”
–Benchmark Litigation, Asia Pacific, 2019
“SSA Advocates’ solid footing in the Indonesian legal market can be attributed to its dispute resolution and restructuring and insolvency work. Suhardi Somomoeljono is a key contact.”
- State Revolving Fund Corruption Case, a corruption case allegedly conducted by the member of state revolving fund agency (LPDB) in Surabata, LPDB authorized to manage approximately 1 Trillion Rupiah to be distributed to the cooperative, the members declared guilty by the Surabaya Corruption Case due to non-performing loan by its debtors.
- Eurico Barros Gomes Guterres, a pro-Indonesian, anti-Timorese independence militiaman, accused to be involved in several massacres in East Timor, and was a chief militia leader during the post-independence massacres and destruction of the capital Dili. Eurico convicted and sentenced by the district court for 10 (ten) years imprisonment, increased to 15 (fifteen) year by high court decision, decreased to 10 (ten) years by supreme court and declared not guilty after judicial review (peninjauan kembali) petition submitted by the firm.
- Poly Carpus, a pilot for garuda Indonesia airlines convicted and sentenced by the Indonesian court on the murder of Munir (a human rights activist in Indonesia).
- Tommy Soeharto, is an Indonesian businessman, politician and the youngest son of Suharto, the second President of Indonesia convicted and sentenced by the Indonesian court on the murder of supreme court judge in Jakarta.
- Irawady Joenoes, a member of Judicial Commission (Komisi Yudisial), an institution in Indonesia which monitor the judges. Irawady convicted and sentenced by Indonesian Corruption Court.
- H Muhammad Madel (Regent of Sarolangun), corruption case related to construction of ponton pier at Samaran, Sarolangun Regency in the amount of 2.5 Billion Rupiah by Madel as the Regent of Sarolangun.
- Other corruption cases such as John Tabo (Regent of Tolikara), Ismail Ishak (Regent of Mesuji), Indonesian State Revolving Fund (LPDB), PT Harlis Tata Tahta and PT Handam Sari.